Re: vmd-l: protein-water RDF

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 27 2011 - 03:29:44 CDT

Hi,

> Yeah I have done that. It shows all the atoms of protein. So does this mean
> that while calculating RDF between protein and water (oxygen), it considers
> distances of oxygens of water from each atom of protein? Or it takes the
> center of mass of protein ?

In the manual (for measure
gofr<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node135.html>)
it says that it calculates the RDF "for all pairs of atoms in the two
selections" so I guess it takes all the atoms of the protein.

Morevover, from where can I obtain the in-built tcl script for calculation
> of RDF that VMD uses?

The source for the plugin can be found under "<VMD install
dir>\plugins\noarch\tcl\gofrgui1.2"
It's a wrapper around VMD's measure gofr and measure rdf commands. But I'm
not sure if these two commands are implemented using TCL. Most probably they
are not.

Regards,
Ajasja