AW: question about wrap atoms to its original coordinates

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 00:34:33 CDT

Hi,

just load your system in vmd with a first frame where everything is there where it have to be, this is needed for reference, for example the crd or pdb file. Then load your trajectory and type the following to vmd console:

pbc unwrap -first 0 -last last

Frame 0 is needed for reference and must contain the original, unwrapped system.

If this doesn't work, try with additional "-sel protein"
If it is protein, if not, use another selection that fits your needs.
This is what works for me most of the time, if it doesn't for you. Get into the "pbc unwrap" command.

Best regards

Norman Geist.