Re: ABF simulation with extendedLagrangian on keeps crashing

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 04:36:20 CDT

Hi Ajasja,

I see that you had the idea to avoid the singularity at theta = 0 or
180. What I've done recently is to keep the full grid from 0 to 180,
but set lowerWall to 5 and upperWall to 175 with a mild wall constant
(on the order of 1 kcal/mol/degree^2). This way you still get the full
PMF (the wall potentials have no effect on the measured free energy
gradient). This might help in the 2D simulation.

You should also check whether the extended system coordinate is
getting unstable as well. If it is the case, you can turn it off, now
that ABF for angles is available. Actually I recommend turning it off
in any case.

Cheers,
Jerome