Re: ABF simulation with extendedLagrangian on keeps crashing

From: Jrme Hnin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2011 - 09:43:21 CDT

Hi Ajasja,

In general, I have found that stability can be a problem in extended
Lagrangian simulations when biasing forces become large. Just to
check, are you running the latest code? There used to be a bug in the
integrator that made it much less stable than it should have been. The
fix went into CVS on January 13.

Other than that, it's a bit hard to tell. It's all a bit experimental.
The integrator might need further improvements, such as a system to
damp out resonances that could lead to bad stuff.

Cheers,
Jerome