fixing group of atoms, Proper for manipualation

From: M Mahjour (m.ali_mahjour_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 17:06:43 CDT

Dear all

I would appreciate that if inform me to prepare a right strategy for my problem.
I need to know:

        1. How we can fix the group of atoms in geometrical shape among lattice of
atoms (for example fixing some layer of Silicon box)?
        2. Do SMD method is a suitable method in manipulating particles? if not, please
clarify the right method. (Or any other suggestion).

Previously, thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,
Mohammad