Re: Replica Exchange Simulations on Blue Gene/P

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 12 2011 - 10:03:16 CDT

hi!

it may be hard for some to come to terms with this, but
blue gene class machines are not very popular, since it
takes so much effort to use them well and with the same
or less effort, one get much more work done elsewhere.
thus one has to live with the fact, that there is not much
incentive to add workarounds for problems that are
endemic to the blue gene architecture.

the easiest solution would be to not use NAMD, but
some other code that supports replica exchange over MPI.

the next best solution would be to implement the same
communication patterns via MPI commands and then
write a tcl-mpi wrapper and link NAMD with it.

axel.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Dong Luo <us917_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I looked at replica exchange on Blue Gene/L before and did not find a way.
> So I'd like to know any one get a solution as well.
> Dong

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer