Re: rule of thumb for dcd sampling frequency?

From: Nikolaos Glykos (glykos_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 14:51:09 CDT

 Hi Irene,

> how many frames sample the time span adequately?

 I think that 'adequately' depends on the analyses you intend to
 perform, balanced against
 the hardware (and possibly software) limitations. If you know the
 timescale of the events
 you want to analyse, I would have thought that ~1/3 of the highest
 frequency you are
 interested in would be sufficient (1/3 being on the safe side of the
 Nyquist frequency).

 My twocents,
 Nicholas

--
           Dr Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
      and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,