Re: Computing interaction energies in namd

From: Samy Hamdouche (rich.fish_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 18:21:46 CST

I've played around with the NAMDEnergy plugin of VMD. The problem with its
application in my case is that it's very slow when computing on the order of
10000 interaction energies, because it creates 10000 separated pdb files
with atom flags and runs a namd script with exactly the lines I quoted
originally. I was wondering if there was a quicker (perhaps lower level) way
of computing this many interaction energies within namd. Thanks,
Samy