Re: forces on fixed atoms

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 03:31:32 CST

Hi Brian,

I see. What I suspect is happening is, forces between free and fixed
atoms are computed, but under normal conditions they are just not
reported for fixed atoms.

If you don't want to enable fixedAtomsForces, you could try modifying
ComputeGlobal::saveTotalForces at the end of file ComputeGlobal.C:
remove the line that says
if ( fixedAtomsOn && atoms[i].atomFixed ) f_sum = 0.;
No guarantee there, but it's worth trying.

By the way, that function is strangely written. I'd just have an
if-else there, rather than summing terms and then deciding whether to
scrap the sum and put 0 instead.

Cheers,
Jerome