Re: I need help with this

From: Richard Wood (rwoodphd_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2011 - 06:07:23 CST

Hi Eduardo,

Actually, attach was a bad word.

What I wanted to do and have done was place a small molecule on the surface of a
bilayer by picking where I wanted to put it and doing a docking calculation in
Surflex Dock.

I then wanted to combine these two files and run MD on the complex. However, I
encountered problems generating a psf file using psfgen. So, I combined the two
files as one big pdb file and created a psf using VMD.

Right now, my calculation is running :)

The problem with psfgen was that if I ran my pdb file through it (after
renumbering the POPC residues) the pdb and psf file couldn't be minimized, while
the raw pdb (without the small molecule) could be minimized. I haven't figured
out why that would be.

But anyway, all is fine for now.

Richard