Re: Feature request for the colvars module -- TCL syntax

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2011 - 08:16:01 CST

Dear All,

I solved my predicament (for now) using subst in the namd conf file:

  set infile [open $env(COLVARS_TEMPLATE) r]
  set outfile [open $env(COLVARS_OUT) w+]

  puts $outfile [subst [read $infile]]

  close $infile
  close $outfile

It's a bit inelegant, but I didn't have time to play around with a clever
combination of uplevel and upvar to pack the whole thing into a proc call.
The problem was that I had to split an abf calculation in 8 parts (eight
regions). I didn't know if the system (the colvars) have to be in the region
that is being explored, so I pulled the system to the middle of each region,
relaxed the constraints and equlibrated for some time.
So that would mean 2x3x8 files (2 - namd and colvar conf files,3 - puling
stage, relaxing stage and abf, 8 - eight regions). With 48 files I was bound
to forget something somewhere. With some scripting I was able to reduce this
to 8 batch files 1 namd conf file and 3 colvar templates (and an aditional 3
batchfiles). So 15 files instead of 48 with the added bonous that I don't
need to change the colvars in 3 places 8 times:)

If somebody is interested I'm attaching an example set. I know that this
could probably be done in a better way, so all constructive comments are
welcome.

Best regards,
Ajasja