AW: installing namd on ibm cluster (powerpc)

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2011 - 00:29:43 CST

The script cannot be the problem at this point because its already tried to
execute the namd binary. Are you sure that you have AIX machines?? Please
tell me what hardware/machines you have and what operating system you are
running, I think you just have a wrong binary ;) because the message comes
from your shell and tell you that it cannot execute this binary, surely
because it’s a wrong one. Just tell me what machines you have, and we see
then ;)

Good luck

Norman Geist.

as u said , i am trying with precompiled version,
but when i try to run the job, i as getting the following error in the error
file :

ATTENTION: 0031-408 4 tasks allocated by LoadLeveler, continuing...
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
cannot execute binary file
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
cannot execute binary file
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
cannot execute binary file
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2:
cannot execute binary file

and the out file gives the message like :
Running> poe
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2
md1.conf -nodes 16 -tasks_per_node 4 -rmpool 1

which seems ok ...

my submission script goes like the following:

#!/bin/sh
# @ error = job1.$(Host).$(Cluster).$(Process).err
# @ output = job1.$(Host).$(Cluster).$(Process).out
# @ class = ptask64
# @ job_type = parallel
# @ total_tasks = 4
# @ blocking = unlimited
# @ wall_clock_limit=01:00:00
# @ queue
/home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/charmrun
+p64 /home/staff/sec/secdpal/gurunath/namd-sp2/NAMD_2.7_AIX-POWER-MPI/namd2
'md1.conf'

Can u please tell me any modification to this script, so that it runs
successfully ...
or let me how do u run ..

and the kind of network that we have is "Dual Gigabit network with Nortel
5510 Gigabit switches"

Thank you
Gurunath

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Norman Geist