Re: cpu-gpu vs cpu

From: Nicholas M Glykos (glykos_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2011 - 09:28:34 CST

I hate disagreeing with Axel, it is a dangerous proposition to disagree
with Axel, and I will not disagree with Axel. Having said that, I believe
that I can hear a small voice saying the following : the people that are
determined to solve their research problems in their own way will do so no
matter what the current 'funding-recognition' situation is. As I see it,
you can not stop creative people from being creative. You just can't. They
will do their thing no matter how difficult you made it for them. I do not
imply that it should be made difficult for creative people to be creative.
I only say that there may be something deeper than funding and recognition
in what is being discussed.

My twocents,
Nicholas

--
            Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
     and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,