Re: GBIS and hydrophobic solvation

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.rs)
Date: Mon Oct 10 2011 - 10:11:42 CDT

One additional connected question, to obtain more complete answer in
whole . I was used GBIS in NAMD 2.8 for implicit solvation in EtOH, to
this point (because of short alkyl chain in alcohol) lack of hydrophobic
term should not be a problem. But solvated (small organic molecules) are
hydrophobic in significant extent (and very soluble in EtOH in
reality). So if there is really lack of hydrophobic term in GBIS, as
implemented in NAMD, did I obtained reliable results?
Thanks

Branko