Re: PBB File Format/Setup for PBC

From: johan strumpfer (johanstr_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2011 - 17:41:04 CDT

Hi Anna,

That is standard practice for vmd's solvate plugin (it happens even
when you use a plain water solvent). The segids and chain do not
affect the simulation at all. All the relevant information to
calculate the energy is in the psf file (i.e., atom types, charges,
which atoms are bonded, what angle, dihedral and impropers terms are
defined). The segid and chain do not play a role in the dynamics
calculation.

Cheers,
Johan

Johan Strumpfer:         johanstr_at_ks.uiuc.edu        www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johanstr