Re:

From: Jeffrey Potoff (jpotoff_at_chem1.eng.wayne.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2011 - 09:45:33 CDT

Sorry for the cut-paste problem. The correct TCL script is as follows:

psfgen <<ENDMOL
topology top_martini.inp

segment POPA {
auto angles
pdb popc_b1.pdb
first none
last none
}
segment POPB {
auto angles
pdb popc_b2.pdb
first none
last none
}

segment WAT1 {
auto none
pdb water_b1.pdb
first none
last none
}

segment WAT2 {
auto none
pdb water_b2.pdb
first none
last none
}

coordpdb popc_b1.pdb POPA
coordpdb popc_b2.pdb POPB
coordpdb water_b1.pdb WAT1
coordpdb water_b2.pdb WAT2

writepsf start-cg.psf
writepdb start-cg.pdb

On 8/16/2011 10:35 AM, Jeffrey J. Potoff wrote:
> [...]
> pdb popc_b2.pdb
> first none
> last none
> }
>
> segment WAT1 {
> auto none
> pdb water_b1.pdb
> first none
> last none
> }
>
> segment WAT2 {
> auto none
> pdb water_b2.pdb
> first none
> last none
> }
>
> coordpdb popc_b1.pdb POPA
> coordpdb popc_b2.pdb POPB
> coordpdb water_b1.pdb WAT1
> coordpdb water_b2.pdb WAT2
>
> writepsf start-cg.psf
> writepdb start-cg.pdb
>
> pdb water_b2.pdb
> first none
> last none
> }
>
> coordpdb popc_b1.pdb POPA
> coordpdb popc_b2.pdb POPB
> coordpdb water_b1.pdb WAT1
> coordpdb water_b2.pdb WAT2
>
> writepsf start-cg.psf
> writepdb start-cg.pdb
>

> Anna James wrote:
>> I understood your point but I use the following script on my
>> solvent.pdb generated using packmol to get the psf out of it.
>>
>> package require psfgen
>> topology topology27.inp
>>
>> pdbalias residue HIS HSE
>> pdbalias atom ILE CD1 CD
>>
>> segment QQQ {pdb solvent.pdb}
>> coordpdb solvent.pdb QQQ
>>
>> guesscoord
>> writepdb solvent.pdb
>> writepsf solvent.psf
>>
>> How do I generate psf file that could accomodate multiple segments?
>> .Please suggest me changes in the above script.
>> I could do with two more segments giving me 9999*2 extra residues
>> (naming TTT and RRR) and I could possibly make required changes in
>> the solvation script to consider the two more SEGIds
>>
>> In anticipation of an encouraging reply
>>

>> Anna James Vaughan
>> Leeds
>>
>> > Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:43:00 -0400
>> > Subject: Re: namd-l:
>> > From: akohlmey_at_gmail.com
>> > To: annajamesmatrix_at_hotmail.com
>> > CC: namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu

>> working with a
>> the three
>> to encompass
>> filled it
>> .The number of
>> have
>> >
>> > just use multiple segments (and multiple files). the numbers
>> > can start fresh for each segment.
>> >
>> > axel.

>> as 90A
>> compromise on the

>> between the

>> > --
>> > Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer
>> > akohlmey_at_gmail.com http://goo.gl/1wk0
>> >
>> > Institute for Computational Molecular Science
>> > Temple University, Philadelphia PA, USA.

Jeffrey J. Potoff			  jpotoff_at_chem1.eng.wayne.edu
Associate Professor			  Wayne State University
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
5050 Anthony Wayne Dr			  Phone:(313)577-9357
Detroit, MI 48202  	                  Fax:  (313)578-5815
http://potoff1.eng.wayne.edu