RE: Explicit Solvent Sytem (40% Ethanol + 60% Water)

From: Ismail, Mohd F. (farid_at_ou.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2011 - 13:02:19 CDT

Use Packmol to create your pdb file - google packmol. You'll need your protein pdb file, pdb file of one copy of water, and pdb file of one copy of ethanol, you can create this easily with avogadro for example. Use packmol to create a pdb file of the combination of them all.

Get the topology file from Prof. Mackerell website for your protein (and maybe water), and from cgenff for ethanol.

Use those two to create the psf file using psfgen. Google how to create psf file from namd.

HTH,
Farid Ismail