Re: Dividing a 2D ABF simulations into regions (on nodes with different speeds)

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 29 2011 - 08:34:33 CDT

> *Actually the GPUs are the same, but since it's summer some are overheating,
> and if that happens I suspend NAMD on that GPU for a short while,
> whicheffectivelymeans that some GPUs are slower than the others.

have you tried "underclocking" your GPUs?
same as cranking up the fan speed, you can
reduce the GPU and Memory clocks (at least
in principle) through nvidia settings. this should
allow you to adjust the performance across all
GPUs consistently. a little bit of underclocking
can go pretty far in terms of saving power.

cheers,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer