Re: using colvars for bending modulus?

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2011 - 01:29:59 CDT

Hi JC,

I'm not very familiar with this, but isn't curvature a local property?
Here you want a kind of mesoscopic measurement on the whole chain, so
if the chain twists, it gets complicated. My best guess for a simple
yet relevant quantity is the angle between three groups, two ends and
the center of the chain.

Cheers,
Jerome