Re: Umbrella Sampling

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Wed May 18 2011 - 09:40:25 CDT

Dear Maiti,

At first glance, your input looks correct. For this simulation, you
don't even need the options width, lower/upperBoundary, or
lower/upperWallConstant.

What matters for umbrella sampling is the target value (centers) and
the force constant, both defined in the harmonic bias. Then it is up
to you to choose the protocol that you want to use to run the
different windows for your umbrella sampling calculation. Once you
know that, the harmonic bias has moving restraint options that could
help you implement what you have in mind.

Best,
Jerome