Re: Re: q=AD=94=E5=A4=8D=3A_namd-l=3A_compilation_of?= namd

From: Bjoern Olausson (namdlist_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 02:45:49 CDT

On Wednesday 11 May 2011 17:53:59 Jim Phillips wrote:
> I meant more conservative in the sense of not breaking code, but Axel's
> suggestion is correct. Changing -O3 to -O2 and adding -no-vec improves
> performance on newer compilers without hurting it on the old ones. I also
> bumped -march up from pentiumpro to pentium4 on 32-bit builds to enable
> some explicit SSE2 code. I think ten years is long enough to wait.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has optimized the flags for Opteron (2378 and
2427) CPUs and intel compiler?

So far I am using "-O3 -xSSSE3" and from what I read here I might add "-no-
vec" and try to revert back to "-O2"

But since the icc help only list pentium3 and pentium4 for -march I am unshure
what to choose here if anything at all.

Did someone try to let the "-xHost" flag do the search for the highest
optimisation?

Cheers,
Bjoern

--
Bjoern Olausson
Martin-Luther-Universitt Halle-Wittenberg