Re: AMD Multicore + CUDA Benchmarks, are them ok ?

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 08:57:18 CDT

one more comment. the apoa1 test is not a very realistic test,
as it uses rather short cutoffs and thus has less work in the
non-bonded kernel, which is the GPU accelerated part in NAMD.

i would do another comparison with longer cutoffs and pit
CPU vs. GPU and that should - in theory - make the GPUs
look a bit better.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer