Re: ABF simulation with extendedLagrangian on keeps crashing

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2011 - 11:41:55 CDT

Hi Asjasja, did you check the trajectory of the moving restraint centers aka
fictitious masses? Because you have few degrees of freedom in an in vacuo
system, the chance of transmitting energy to the harmonic spring may be
high.

So you may have too much energy transmitted to the harmonic spring, and the
centers may have gone far from the actual values of the colvars. This could
explain why you got no PMF output (the colvars are way off the grid) and in
some cases instability (harmonic forces too strong).

Giacomo

---- ----
  Giacomo Fiorin - Postdoctoral Researcher
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Ajasja Ljubetič <ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com