(no subject)

From: David Rogers (wantye_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2011 - 22:26:09 CDT

Hi Buddhadev,

  I've seen separation of the two membrane leaflets using charmm
protein-lipid forcefields after very long dynamics runs with KcsA and
ClC-ec1, independent of NPT or Nz(gamma)T (with isotropic P=1).
Without more information on your system or equilibration protocol,
there's not much I can say except to vary the pressure / surface
tension / try constant volume, quantify your lipid density against
published protocols, etc. If the system is really periodic, there's
no special reason the corners would have gaps over the rest of the
system. Gromacs has a nice tool for building periodic copies of your
system to check for gaps in the corners though.

~ David Rogers