Re: partial charges for organic ligands

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.rs)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2011 - 12:42:32 CDT

Gasteiger and OPLS charges are common. If you want something more
sophisticated charges for ligand and close surroundings only, you can
calculated it for initial state on semiempirical level (single point
calculations) by using, for example, PM6 and/or PM6-DH2 that account for
noncovalent interaction.

Branko