Re: hBond colvars and patching

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 06 2011 - 22:57:04 CST

Hi Francesco, use the hBond colvar component only if you need to apply a
restraint or compute the potential of mean force for breaking / forming that
hydrogen bond.

But the starting point should always be a reasonable protonation state, if
that's not the most stable for any reason, there isn't a restraint that can
fix that.

Do you think it's the former or the latter? If you run without any
additional restraints (colvars or not) and the structure is not stable, then
the protonation state is not good, and that should be corrected regardless.

Giacomo

---- ----
  Dr. Giacomo Fiorin
  ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
  1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
  giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----