Re: membrane equilibration

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 05:09:19 CST

Dear Jeremy,

I have prepared some systems using CHARMM-GUI. I found it simplest to
equilibrate in CHARMM and run the production using NAMD. (The CHARMM-GUI
scripts use a lot of restraints during equlibration. The same restraints
could probalby also be implemented in NAMD usin the excellent colvar module,
but I never took the time).
When switching to NAMD I found it easiest just to rebuild the psf and start
from there. An example script is attached. It splits the PDB to segments,
builds the PSF and writs a NAMD compatible PSF.

Best regards,
Ajasja