Re: ABF question

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2010 - 10:45:24 CST

Hi Parisa,

In principle it is true, but diffusion can be slow, and diffusive
sampling can be inefficient. A way to speed things up is to split the
channel into windows, e.g. 4 windows each 10-Angstrom long. You can
then start 4 separate simulations with adequate initial positions of
the ion, and the full channel will be sampled faster.

Jerome