Re: Using NAMD for Metropolis Monte Carlo conformational searches

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 04:22:53 CST

Oh well, back to the drawing board (from GlobalMasterIMD.C):
  // Assume for now that the only thing we get from VMD is a set of forces.
  // Later we'll want to look for and implement more sophisticated control
  // parameters. ie have a specified protocol

  // Check/get new forces from VMD
  get_vmd_forces();

  // Right now I don't check to see if any new forces were obtained.
  // An optimization would be cache the results message. However, there
  // would still be copying since it looks like the messages get deleted
  // by the receiver.