Re: How to generate the tcouple file for NAMD runs?

From: Chris Harrison (charris5_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2010 - 08:23:46 CDT

Dear Catherine,

Use VMD. Load the coordinate (pdb or coor) file used in your namd config.
 From the extensions menu, open the TkCon window. Then (replacing text
between < > symbols with your desired values):

set allAtomsSel [atomselect top all]
$allAtomsSel set occupancy 0
set tcoupledAtomSel [atomselect top "<YOUR SELECTION TEXT FOR TEMP COUPLED
ATOMS>"]
$tcoupledAtomSel set occupancy <TEMP TO WHICH ATOMS SHOULD BE COUPLED>
$allAtomsSel writepdb tCoupledFile.pdb

Best,
Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                            Voice: 217-244-1733