Re: Restart MD from a certain point?

From: Andreas Förster (docandreas_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 10:50:14 CDT

Dear Wendy,

I assume you created restart files, given that you're reading in
.restart.vel and .restart.xsc files. I found that having coordinates is
not enough. You need binary coordinates. Presumably VMD can create
them from your .dcd trace.

Use:
structure ionized.psf
coordinates step_700000.pdb <== placeholder
bincoordinates step_700000.coor <== binary coordinates
binvelocities DM_5ns.restart.vel
extendedSystem DM_5ns.restart.xsc

Hope that helps.

Andreas