Re: NAMD and Gromacs

From: Francesco Oteri (francesco.oteri_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 07:55:48 CDT

If you have the latest coordinates and velocities, you need to convert
them into .gro file that can be used as restart for gromacs.

Regarding using the analysis tools of gromacs, you can use catdcd to
convert .dcd file in .trr and trjconv to convert .trr in .xtc.
When you use trjconv, you need to supply the correct timestep, because
catdcd doesn't permit to put the timestep.

The following script does the conversion:

#!/bin/tcsh -f
#Usage dcd2xtc traj.xtc timestep traj.dcd

if ( $#argv < 3 ) then
     echo "Usage: dcd2xtc output.xtc timestep traj1.dcd ..... trajN.dcd"
     exit 1
endif

source /apps/gromacs/4.0.7/intel/bin/GMXRC
setenv SCRATCH /tmp

/apps/catdcd/4.0a/catdcd -otype trr -o $SCRATCH/traj_"$$".trr $argv[3-]
trjconv -f $SCRATCH/traj_"$$".trr -o $1 -timestep $2 <<!
0
!

If you like to extract only a part of the system, you need to modify the
trjconv invocation