Re: Colvars and COM restraints for protein+membrane; plus a minor bug

From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2010 - 03:44:41 CDT

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for these explanations.

The behavior concerning psfSegID is indeed corrected in 2.7b4, meaning
that if I specify atomNumbers, I am no longer required to also specify
psfSegID.

While we are at it, a couple of feature requests, if you were to revise
this behavior at some point:

- one could make the psfSegID related to the previous
atomNameResidueRange command, in order to allow one to use several of
these statements in an atom group definition, as in

  atomNameResidueRange CA 5-315
  psfSegID PEPA
  atomNameResidueRange CA 5-315
  psfSegID PEPB
  [..]

- even easier would be wildcarding, such as in

  atomNameResidueRange CA 5-315
  psfSegID PEP*

or

  atomNameResidueRange CA 5-315
  psfSegID PEP?

Thanks,
  Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr