Re: membrane tutorial.

From: Francesco Oteri (francesco.oteri_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2010 - 15:49:38 CDT

  The correct sintax is "same residue as (z>10 and z <-10)", excuse me
for the wrong syntax.
The value has been chosen using the lipid z limits, and carefully
visually inspecting the atoms. If you put the comands between quotes in
a Representation (without the "not" clause), you will visualize the
selected atoms.
Eg: same residues as (z>10 and z <-10) will visualize the atoms you want
to exclude.

The exclusin will be applied when you'll save using the "not" word
during the saving.

I do the exclusion, before starting the minimization. The problem i
found is at the interface between protein and lipids because i removed
at the same manner the lipids
too close to the protein. The deletion of the lipids, give rise a empty
space but, luckily, the problem was solved during equilibration.