Re: Mysterious Formation of Solvent Spheres

From: Thomas C. Bishop (bishop_at_tulane.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 13:48:10 CDT

check your log files.. the only way for waters to "fly into empty space" is a
periodic boundary issue...
Possiblilities:
 1) a wrap on/off problem; one output wraps the waters the other does not s.t.
looks like flying into space... if you "rewrap" the waters the holes should
get filled by the waters from empty space

  2) the periodic b.c. dimensions were wrong (reported volumes will confirm
if some mistake in specifiying system size

 3)the periodic b.c.s were not on s.t. a bubble in vacuum and the waters
really did go into space in this case you won't have a volume reported in the
log file ( at least I think that's the case)

just my $0.000001/2
Tom

   Thomas C. Bishop
    Tel: 504-862-3370