namd2 still works but without any new messages in log file

From: lixb07_at_lzu.cn
Date: Thu Jul 01 2010 - 07:21:18 CDT

Dear everyone:

I am doing molecular dynamics simulation using NAMD2.7b2. There are some weird
thing happened in my minimization. I set 1000 steps for minimization, however,
NAMD stops at step 551. It seems still working because the CPU utilization is
still 100%. But there is no any new data or error report being written in my log
file. Then I restart the minimization from the beginning, the same thing happens.
Can anyone give some suggestions? I would highly appreciate for your help! Many
thank!

Sincerely

Xubin Li
Lanzhou University