Re: impose restraint on the internal coordinate of protein

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 16:09:20 CDT

Hi, my suggestion is to try out the collective variables module in NAMD
2.7b1 and 2.7b2 (as usual, use the more recent version when in doubt). You
can set up two variables of RMSD type, and apply them a soft boundary
potential that begins at zero, or slightly above. Since you have two
separate chains for each dimer, keep into account the effects on wrapping:
there is a note about this in the collective variables section of the NAMD
guide.

Bests
Giacomo

---- ----
 Dr. Giacomo Fiorin
 ICMS - Institute for Computational Molecular Science - Temple University
 1900 N 12 th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
 giacomo.fiorin_at_temple.edu
---- ----