Re: where do I find info about freeEnergy ?

From: Jérôme Hénin (jhenin_at_ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 15:36:49 CDT

Hi Leonardo,

The free energy module you are talking about is now deprecated. It has
been replaced with the collective variables (colvars) module. See the
section "Collective variable calculations" in the user's guide for
full documentation.

In your case, you would have to define a distance between the two
atoms, and the harmonic restraint. The colvars configuration file
would read like this:

colvar {
      name myDistance
      distance {
            group1 { atomNumbers 24 }
            group2 { atomNumbers 42 }
       }
}

harmonic {
       colvars myDistance
       centers 42.0
       forceConstant 42.0
}

That's assuming you want an average distance of 42 ångströms between
atoms 24 and 42 (PDB numbering), with a force constant of 42
kcal/mol/â„«^2.

Cheers,
Jerome