Waterbox used in minimization?

From: Cem Meydan (cemmeydan_at_sabanciuniv.edu)
Date: Thu May 13 2010 - 07:25:30 CDT

Dear NAMD users,
I'd like to use NAMD to perform minimization on some modeled proteins.
However I'm curious if the minimization procedure requires a water box,
whether NAMD uses interactions with water during the energy calculation in
the CG method. I'll not perform equilibration/MD runs afterwards, so it
would be strictly for minimization. Should I omit the solvation/setting up
PBC steps? Would it affect the quality or the speed of the runs in any way?

Thanks.