RAMD scripts version 4.1

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_h-its.org)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 03:08:51 CST

Dear all,

Thanks to the feed-back I got from you, I have a new version of the RAMD
scripts (4.1)

The new version is now compatible with tcl 8.3 . This was one of the
major problems with the version 4.0 which appeared to work only with tcl
8.4. The code was also cleaned up. In addition, I hope the new version
exits clean when the termination signal is sent (Francesco reported some
errors on exit).

The new version may be downloaded here:
http://mcm.h-its.org/mcmsoft/namd

One major remaining problem is that I am still not able to test the
scripts against tcl8.5 . For some reason, all my successful compilations
of NAMD with tcl 8.5 do not run with tclforces on. I get segmentation
faults even when running the forces tutorials from the NAMD site.

I encourage everybody which used the version 4.0 to switch to the new
version. Please give me your feed-back if you encounter further problems.

I would also like to ask the developers to replace the version in the
CVS code with this new version.

Best wishes
Vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
HITS gGmbH
Molecular and Cellular Modelling Group
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 35
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533202
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]h-its.org
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Directors: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.h-its.org (http://eml-research.de)