Re: installation of namd

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 2010 - 06:40:06 CST

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 5:00 AM, ipsita basu <ibasu788_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>              I have installed NAMD_2.6 in linux workstations. But I
> can't installed it for our machine whose configuration is given below:
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-55.EL #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 16:33:09 EDT
> 2007 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux
>
>  I have tried many processes, but can't help. Will you please help
> give some instructions to do this? It will be really helpful for me.

..and it would be even more helpful to the rest of the world,
if you would stop sending pointless emails of the kind "i did
something, then something else, but it didn't work". how the
hell should somebody be able to help you with this?
mind reading? magic? playing 10 questions with you?

please report *precisely* the steps that you tried! did you
try a precompiled binary or try to compiled from source?
which pre-compiled binary did you take? if you compile
from source, how did you compile charm++? did you run
the charm++ tests successfully? how did you configure
NAMD and so on.

you have already reached the point, where people are
starting to ignore your questions. i thus strongly suggest
to put some more effort into learning how to respectfully
ask for help and help yourself.

thank you in advance,
    axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer    akohlmey_at_gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/akohlmey/