how to get 2 identical trajectories using NAMD in parallel

From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 09:33:44 CST

Dear NAMD users,

Is it possible whatsoever to obtain 2 identical trajectories in NAMD
when running in parallel ?

I am interested to get 2 identical trajectories in the NVE or NVT
ensemble if I use same seed, the same number of processors but not the
same machines for instance ...

Its long to explain why I want to get this but if somebody knows any
trick that could do it, I would be grateful .. I guess NVT would be
rather hard but even in NVE I don't get 2 identical trajectories ...

Cheers
vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533202
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org