Re: namd cvs compilation

From: BIN ZHANG (zhngbn_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 19:24:19 CST

Hi, Axel:

      I just saw your response to the thread "NAMD crashed with
TclForce turned on"

> the namd cvs code defines USE_COMPAT_CONST in the headers that
> include tcl.h. defining USE_NON_CONST is incompatible with that
> (see tcl.h). that same should be true for tcl8.4 if you compile
> the cvs. hence my suspicion that you compiled against an
> inconsistent version of the tcl header. this can easily cause
> segfaults regardless of the compiler.

      Does this mean when I try to compile cvs version of NAMD, the
*.tcl file in the arch folder should no longer use "TCLFLAGS=-
DNAMD_TCL -DUSE_NON_CONST", but instead should be : "TCLFLAGS=-
DNAMD_TCL"?(-DUSE_NON_CONST no longer needed)
      Thanks a lot and Happy Thanksgiving.

Bin