Re: ions behavior in protein-water box:

From: Emanuelle Bachelet (emanuellebachelet_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 29 2008 - 16:56:10 CDT

Hi Chris,

By closer I mean less than 5A, I haven't measured the exact distance because
it's fluctuating. But imo, less than 5A means ions are going to modify the
electrostatic interactions with/on the protein. Ions should be just to
neutralize the system not to interact with the protein.

I will also have a look at the reference you mention.

Thanks,
Ema

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Christopher Gillespie <gillescche_at_gmail.com