Re: swig wrapping c++ code on nersc

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 14:28:03 CDT

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, BIN ZHANG wrote:

BZ> Hi, Peter:
BZ>
BZ> Since last time I asked about TCL forces, I have been trying to use swig
BZ> wrapping c code into TCL command, according to your suggestion. It works
BZ> really great, without losing any speed, I can do much complicated force
BZ> calculation.
BZ> Thanks a lot.
BZ> Now I have another question:
BZ> Have you (or any NAMD user) tried to do this wrapping thing on
BZ> NERSC(National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center)? If you do

the NERSC machine is an ibm blue gene/l, right?

BZ> and can share come experience about compiling, that would be greatly
BZ> appreciated.

compiling on a BG/L is a bit tricky, since you have to
cross-compile, have to build a static binary (no plugins etc.),
and have limited per-cpu memory.

i suggest to have a look at the NAMD wiki on that topic
and to contact the local user support folks.

cheers,
   axel.