Re: Monte Carlo with NAMD

From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2008 - 07:28:15 CDT

Dear Neelanjana,

In principle you could be able to perform simulated annealing with
NAMD, and then extract the conformations with the lowest energy. The
problem here is that you might need to apply some restraints (i.e.,
derived from NMR or EPR, if available) in order to get meaningful
results. The other issue you might face is incomplete sampling, as
simulated annealing requires a relative long cooling time.

Cheers,
Michel