Re: Managing Log files

From: Joshua Adelman (jadelman_at_berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 12:08:46 CDT

Hi Navdeep,

That should work, and I've never seen it fail to. Is the problem that
the output files are still too long or is it that NAMD is really
ignoring the outputEnergies parameter?

Josh

On Sep 24, 2008, at 9:52 AM, Nd S wrote:

> Hi all
>
> While running a MD simulation in NAMD, the log file created is very
> large as the energy values are stored at every step. I added the
> command "outputEnergies 5000" to output energy into stdout after
> every 5000 steps as per the NAMD manual, but it doesnt work. What's
> the other way out.
>
> Thanks
> Navdeep

Joshua L. Adelman
Biophysics Graduate Group Lab: 510.643.2159
218 Wellman Hall Fax: 510.642.7428
University of California, Berkeley http://nature.berkeley.edu/
~jadelman
Berkeley, CA 94720 USA jadelman_at_berkeley.edu