Re: How to retrieve IC50 of a specific compound from NCBI?

From: L. Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 04:25:15 CDT

Hi Ming,

First of all, this question is not very appropriate for the NAMD list,
so in the future please refer your inquiries to a more suitable
mailing list.

Regarding your question, I think the best is to look at the NCBI
databases directly. As far as I know each compound in the database is
linked to its corresponding reference(s) regarding its synthesis
and/or biological function.

If the IC50 values have already been reported (and you *know* that),
then you should spend some time searching for the corresponding paper
in pubmed.

Best,
Michel