Re: Coarse grained model force fields

From: Anton Arkhipov (anton_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 14:17:52 CDT

Hi Myunggi,

I understand that you want to run a simulation, and that is why you
are writing to the NAMD list, but actual coarse-graining is done using
VMD, so this question would be probably more appropriate on the VMD
list.

Anyway, there are two CG models that you can do in VMD - the residue-
based CG and the shape-based CG. Which one do you want to use? In
either case, we will probably need to send a force field file to you,
since such files are not distributed with VMD quite yet (but they will
be soon).

We can talk about your demands in more details off the list. Please
let me know which CG model you need to use and feel free to email me
with further questions.

Best,

Anton.