Trouble with params file when trying to perform basic dynamics with alanine.

From: Diego Alejandro Vargas (vardiego9_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 23:11:03 CDT

Hi everybody,
I have been attempting to run NAMD on a Linux amd64 cluster. After
installing it, I have been trying to run it. I created a configuration file
after that in pg. 114 of the manual (attached at the bottom). Below is the
command used with the resulting error. I don't understand why the parameter
file cannot be opened if it is a file that comes with the program.

Thank you for your attention. Feel free to ask any questions.
Diego A. Vargas

charmrun namd2 +p2 template_alanin.conf

Command = zcat alanin.params.Z
Filename.Z = alanin.params.Z
Command = gzip -d -c alanin.params.gz
Filename.gz = alanin.params.gz
FATAL ERROR: UNABLE TO OPEN XPLOR PARAMETER FILE alanin.params

------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Called CmiAbort ------------
Reason: FATAL ERROR: UNABLE TO OPEN XPLOR PARAMETER FILE alanin.params

------------- Processor 0 Exiting: Caught Signal ------------
Signal: segmentation violation
Suggestion: Try running with '++debug', or linking with '-memory paranoid'.
Charmrun: error on request socket--
Socket closed before recv.

Configuration file (template_alanin.conf):

# protocol params
numsteps 1000

# initial config
coordinates alanin.pdb